- 1 zucchini , 300 g grated
- 1 unpeeled carrot, 100 g grated
- 1 small unpeeled sweet potato, 160 g grated
- 1/2 head broccoli, 80 g grated/finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 20 mL
- 1 onion , 160 g finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2 eggs, 59 g each
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour or alternative
- 6 scoops AdVital Powder, 150 g
- 1/4 cup full-cream milk, 60 mL
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, 50 g cheddar or parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (conventional) or 160°C (fan-forced).
- Lightly grease one medium-sized oven-proof dish.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat, and fry the garlic and onion by stirring constantly until they become soft.
- Add all grated vegetables to the pot and fry them over medium-high heat for 10 minutes (or until they start to soften). Drain off any excess liquid, and allow the vegetables to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, and AdVital Powder until the mixture is smooth. Add the milk, and whisk it until it becomes smooth.
- Add the vegetables to the mixture and stir them through. Season to taste, and pour the mixture into the previously prepared dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake it for approximately 60–75 minutes (or until firm, golden, and slightly puffed).
- Leave it to stand for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
- To create a meat version, add 1 cup of cooked diced ham or chicken.
- Add a drained can of lentils for extra protein or try a small drained can of crushed pineapple.
- Sprinkle the dish with paprika before serving.
- Try using different herbs for extra flavour.
- Leave out onion and garlic.
- Add fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, thyme or rosemary for extra flavour.
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk.
- Replace the broccoli and cauliflower with pumpkin or extra amounts of the other vegetables.
- Choose a low lactose cheese.