Not a fan of the super-sweet? This no-bake lemon slice is the perfect treat to keep your taste buds happy. Enjoy it by itself as a nutrition-packed snack, or smother your serve in a pile of ice cream.
Line a 20cm x 30cmslice tray or shallow dish with baking paper.
Finely crush the cookies with a rolling pin or food processor.
Mix the lemon zest, AdVital Powder, and coconut with the cookie crumbs.
Melt the butter in a saucepan with the condensed milk. Stir until butter melts, and make sure it doesn’t boil.
Add the melted butter and condensed milk to the dry mix, and blend them together until they are mixed thoroughly.
Press the resulting mixture evenly into the lined tray.
Combine all ingredients, except the coconut, in a saucepan. Cook the ingredients over a low heat until the resulting mixture is smooth.
Remove the saucepan from the heat, and spread the mixture evenly over the biscuit base.
Sprinkle the slice with coconut.
Refrigerate the slice for 45 minutes (or until it is firmly set).
Cut up the slice and serve it.
Hints and Tips:
Low FODMAP Diet Tips:
- Serve the slice with whipped cream (see our Scones with Jam & Cream recipe).
- Crumble the slice and sprinkle it over ice cream or sorbets, or use the crumbs as a cheesecake or pie base.
- This recipe is not recommended for a low FODMAP diet.
- If a low FODMAP diet is being followed, use the Monash University FODMAP Diet App to find suitable low FODMAP ingredient alternatives.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 8000 kJ diet.